Monday, January 12, 2009

Out of Southern California

To our many friends scattered all over!

Judy and I think we have a plan for making sure we have entries in this blog on a regular basis.
  • First, we are home and unpacked. We have been living out of suitcases for nearly three months. The time spent with our children and their families was incredible and we would not trade it for anything, but are we ever glad to be home.
  • Second, it took us a few days to catch up with all of the "domestic" responsibilities as a result of the traveling for three months.
  • Third, I was able to preach at a church this past weekend...and it "felt" good! I know preaching is NOT a feeling, but this was good! I was happy to be back in the pulpit.

OK! So here is the deal! We'll make these entries each Monday!

Here is where we are as of January 12, 2009

  1. We have eliminated two possibilities
  2. We have added three others
  3. Currently we sit at six
  4. Three are world wide
  5. Three opportunities are stateside
  6. By our next entry JANUARY 19, 2009 it is our objective to have the six narrowed down to three.

In the meantime Judy and I are doing well. We are connecting with many people, we are keeping our own personal schedule, and we are sensing the Heart of God in all of this. One of the things I have been able to do is join the early morning prayer on Tuesdays at Eastside. I have also been able to spend time with my dear Christian Brothers I pray with on Saturday morning- An Egyptian, a Korean, a Chinese, a Messianic Jew and myself. It is an awesome privilege!

Thanks for keeping up with us. I'll be visiting with you next Monday!

Graydon (and Judy!)

2 comments:

CarJax said...

Mondays with G & J sound good to me! :D Glad you are feeling the blessing of having been away and now settling in back home. Have a great week! Big hugs, Jax

Anonymous said...

yay - a new entry! i've been checking so often to see what's new. thanks for the schedule - now i'll only look on Mondays :) glad to hear you guys are doing well!
-we miss you both! nicole & jeremy